This commercial grade, coaxial in-ceiling speaker has a 6.5” woofer and a frameless design with a magnetic grill. The speaker is intended for indoor use and can be used in both 8ohm and 70V/100V installations. It is also UL2043 rated for use in plenum air spaces. Installation is quick and easy as each speaker comes with a cutout template for post construction installation.
is made of polypropylene and has a 0.5” PEI dome tweeter which provides premium
and long lasting sound quality along with an extremely smooth high frequency
response. High-grade rubber edges increase the speakers performance and quality
while the sophisticated crossover works to deliver deep bass. They also offer a
+/- 3dB adjustment for further customized listening.
High Fidelity In-Ceiling Speaker
This compact in-ceiling speaker provides premium performance in background, foreground music sound systems. It has an attractive frameless design and micro-perforated grill which give it minimum visibility for a clean and built-in look.
Selectable Voltage Taps for Convenience
This speaker has an integrated multi-tap transformer allows for easier changing tap setting, it works in 70V/100V and 8 ohm installations which makes it perfect for a wide variety of commercial applications such as: restaurants, hotels and retail stores.
The Best Sound Quality
This Speaker has the ability to handle high power, it also has wide frequency response and low distortion make it ideal for sound systems requiring a higher ﬁdelity sound from ceiling loudspeakers. It's equipped with polypropylene woofer for delivering deep clear bass and butyl rubber surround for longevity and excellent bass performance.
Easy and Flexible Installation
This Speaker meets the UL2043 standard for use in-ceiling plenums and ventilation systems. It is equipped with dog leg mounting system for a fast and easy installation and also has safety cable rings to ensure great security.
What are some of the major differences between 70V/100V and 8 ohm speaker systems?
- Commercial locations typically use 70V/100V systems when more than a few pairs of speakers are required.
- 70V/100V systems are daisy chained together, running the wire from one speaker to the next as opposed to 8-ohm speakers which are each home run back to the amplifier.
- Multiple speakers can be used in 70V/100V systems without worrying about impedance issues which can overload and damage an 8-ohm amplifier.
- 70V/100V systems play in mono not stereo therefore speaker placement is less critical.
- 70V/100V systems allow for flexibility in how many speakers are run off a single amplifier by adjusting the wattage tap at each speaker.
How do I Set Up a 70-Volt Audio System?
- The total number of speakers multiplied by the tap value cannot exceed the output power (in watts) of the 70V/100V amplifier.
- For example, 5 speakers using 16W taps will need an amplifier with a minimum of 80W of power (5 x 16W).
- A good rule of thumb is to select an amplifier with at least 20% greater power than the minimum. In this instance, the amplifier should have 100W of power.
|Mounting Style||In-Ceiling Mount|
|Dimensions||Ø 286 x 155mm|
|Cutout Size||Ø 265mm|
|Woofer||6.5" Polypropylene Cone|
|Tweeter||0.5" PEI Dome|
|Frequency Response||(+/- 3dB) 70Hz - 20KHz|
|Transformer Taps||70V: 32-16-8-4-2-1W & 8ohms |
100V: 32-16-8-4-2W & 8ohms
|UL||UL2043 Plenum Rated|
|Package Quantity||1 Speaker|
|Product Weight||8.84 lbs [4.00kg]|